Phone: (519) 867-2021
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING
THE BENTINCK DRIVE WATERMAIN REPLACEMENT
AND ROAD RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT
The Township of St. Clair has closed tenders for the Bentinck Drive watermain replacement and road reconstruction project. Titan Group Construction has been awarded the contract. Please find below some important information about the project:
1. Contact Information: Please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime regarding the construction or any concerns you may have. Our contact numbers are listed below.
2. Start Date: Preliminary work is planned to begin mid-June of 2019. Work will include the installation of new watermains and services, new concrete curb and a new asphalt roadway.
3. Duration: The entire project is expected to last approx. 12 weeks.
4. Traffic Control: Bentinck Drive will be closed to traffic during working hours (7am to 6pm). Overnight access to your home will be made available to residents – please park on your private property. Please note there may be instances where there will be no access to your driveway overnight (due to open trenches). In these cases, you will be instructed as to where you can park. The Contractor will try to limit these instances. While driving in the construction zone, please limit your speed to 10km/hr to ensure the safety of the workers and prevent damage to your vehicle. Please avoid parking on the roadway during construction hours.
5. Watermains: Please note that in order to facilitate the new watermain construction, the Contractor will be installing a temporary watermain over land. The temporary watermain will be connected to your outdoor hose bib with a Y connection, so that the hose bib can continue to be used for gardening purposes. The temporary watermain is constructed with potable water materials and will be tested in accordance with the Ministry of Environment’s regulations. Your water will remain safe to drink. As a benefit, while on the temporary water system, you will not be charged for water usage.
There may be instances where the Contractor will have to shut-down the watermain for a period of hours. The Contractor shall notify the homeowners within 24 hours of such instances.
6. Garbage & Blue Box Collection: If required, the Contractor will collect all garbage and blue boxes on collection days and transport it to the end of the street for collection. Please have your garbage and blue boxes ready for collection by 7am on the day of collection. Please clearly label your bins with your house number so the Contractor can return the bin to your home.
7. Special Needs: Please contact us as soon as possible with any special needs so that they can be accommodated accordingly.
8. Private Services: Please mark-out, or, communicate with the Township, any private servicing (eg: private hydro services, private irrigation systems) so that the Contractor can avoid them during construction. The Township and the Contractor are not responsible for the repair of any private services that were un-marked or unknown.
Township of St. Clair
Paul daSilva, C.E.T. – Coordinator of Engineering
Jason Quackenbush – Site Inspector
Titan Group Construction
Office: (519) 762-2892 (Dutton)
After Hours: (519) 871-5535