Phone: (519) 867-2021
Sombra Museum seeks information/photos to document COVID-19
Please help the Sombra Museum preserve memories of this sad time in our history.
So often, when looking through the archives we get very ex- cited to find the shortest photo caption, post card, note, or on rare occasions, a diary recording daily life. Looking for local ac- counts of the 1919 Spanish Flu pandemic and finding very little from the local perspective, we realized that we need our St.
Clair Township residents to help us record and preserve memo- ries of the present time for future generations. What is going on day-to-day in Sombra, Wilkesport, Port Lambton, Mooretown, Lambton County, Canada, and elsewhere in the world?
Information we hope you will share includes:
* Shopping conditions and how they changed over time.
* Adapting to working at home, and any challenges or creative solutions that were needed.
* Financial challenges.
* Feelings caused by the outbreak and thoughts about social distancing.
* Keeping children occupied during self-isolation.
* Keeping adults occupied during self-isolation.
* What new or newly rediscovered hobbies or crafts were taken up .
* Stories from workers on the front lines and staffing essential
* Struggles of family members or friends infected with the virus.
* Stories of everyday heroes, i.e. people helping neighbours during self-isolation or people accepting inconveniences for the greater good.
* How daily life and routines have changed.
* For those who lived through the Great Depression, World War II, etc., are there similarities to those experiences?
* How social media and technology is impacting life in social isolation (using technology for the first time, using it differently).
Photos, videos, drawings, anecdotes, a few jotted thoughts – we want all the family-friendly material you feel comfortable sharing (no explicit material).
Submissions can be sent by email to: email@example.com with the subject line “COVID-19 History Snapshot”.
Please share this request for community life memories with as many people as possible. We encourage everyone to docu- ment this time, if not to share publicly, then for yourself and your family to look back and reflect on in years to come.
Take care and be well.
Moore Museum seeks information about history of former Moore Twp. schools
Did you attend a school in the former Moore Township prior to 1963?
Moore Museum is developing another virtual exhibit for our website, this one featuring brief histories and photos of the schools in the former Moore Township prior to centralization in 1963. There were 19 school sections in Moore, four of which were union schools – two shared with Sombra Township and two with Sarnia Township. The map, shown above, indicates the location of these schools.
If you have information on the history of any of these schools, or photos (or scans of photos) that you would be willing to share with us, we’d love to hear from you. We would appreciate details about any school in the township, but especially School Sections #6, #13 and #19 Moore, as our research files contain some information for most of the school sections in the township, but we have no information at all for those three. Information can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Connect with Moore Museum
We want to hear from you. Please follow the link on the home page of www.mooremuseum.ca to our online sur- vey. We very much appreciate input from our community and, as a thanks for your assistance, survey respondents will be entered in a draw (to be held on November 13, 2020) to win a 2021 family membership and $25 gift shop gift certificate. In addition to our website and our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mooremuseum, we are now also on Instagram @mooremuseum so you can watch for news from Moore Museum.
~Laurie Mason, curator, Moore Museum
St. Clair Parkway Golf
Planning & Zoning
St. Clair Community Services
Preauthorized Utility Billing Form
Preauthorized Tax Change Form
Preauthorized Tax Form
Dog Tag Form
St. Clair River Trail
Heritage St. Clair
Open Burn Permit
Development Charges By-Law
© St. Clair Township | Designed by RedChair