COVID-19 School and Child Care Testing Expansion
Monday, October 19, 2020
Point Edward, ON – Over the past several days, Lambton Public Health has investigated positive cases in three Lambton County schools. Given these cases, and the recent increase in community transmission of COVID-19, Lambton Public Health is encouraging all symptomatic children to be tested.
Since mid-September, Lambton Public Health has offered COVID-19 testing to school-aged children residing and/or attending school in Lambton County. We are happy to announce that we are now able to offer COVID-19 testing to child care-aged children at most locations.
At this time, this School Testing Centre option is available for:
• Children who are unable to attend school or child care due to illness, and requires a test in order to return to school or child care.
• Children and staff from a school or child care who have been notified by Lambton Public Health that they are close contacts of a COVID-19 case.
• Symptomatic child care/school staff, parents and household members of a child who was notified by Lambton Public Health that they are a close contact of a COVID-19 case.
Appointments are required and online options are now available.
• Book online by going to app.getcorigan.ca. Choose from available times and book a test when it is convenient for you.
• Call Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331 or toll free 1-800-667-1839. Please have the following details ready:
• Child and parent/guardian information
• OHIP Number
• Primary care provider
• Current symptoms
• History of contact with other known or suspected COVID-19 positive person
Hours and locations of our testing centres are listed below:
• Sarnia – School Testing Centre
260 Wellington St.
(Former SCITS High School) Mon-Fri: 9:00am-3:00pm
• Forest – School Testing Centre 6276 Townsend Line (Kimball Hall) Mon-Fri: 9:00am-3:00pm
• Petrolia – School Testing Centre (for school-aged children only) 3823 Oil Heritage Rd. (Lambton Centennial School)
Learn more about guidance to support a sick child. To prepare your child for a test, review these steps to get a COVID-19 test for children. For more information on COVID-19 testing in Lambton County, visit our website at https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel- coronavirus/testing-criteria/.